Making sense of ranked activities | XM Community
Solved

Making sense of ranked activities

• 20 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a question on my (completed) survey that asks students to rank nine activities in order of which they liked most to least. Now, looking at the Excel spreadsheet of these 91 rankings, I'm unsure of how to organize it into a coherent table. For example, how do I output a report that tells me which activity what percentage of students liked "Dictation" activity the most, and so on? Is this something Qualtrics can do or is it left up to me and Excel?

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 20 August 2021, 19:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Hello, MichelleO : this is a function that the Reports tab (more info at Results-Reports Basic Overview (qualtrics.com) ) should give you some initial results to examine. In my experience, I find that rank-order questions are sometimes a bit more difficult for respondents to answer because the relative ranks of nine items might be hard to think through, but asking them to choose their top three will still yield a rank-ordered list (by percentage of respondents choosing each) that leads to the same conclusion. If what you are looking for is a rank-ordered list from most popular to least popular, the actual percentages shouldn't matter as much as the ranks.
I hope this is helpful!

Thank you very much, this is what I was looking for!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Fantastic--I'm glad to help!

Leave a Reply