Matrix table data | XM Community
Solved

Matrix table data

• 11 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all
I have collected a number of responses for my survey in Matrix table questions. I asked individuals about their level of education obtained for them and their parents, with the levels of education in the rows and people (parents and participant) in columns of the table. When I export the data, data columns are displayed in terms of the rows (levels of education) rather than people (which you can see in the Excel screenshot). Is there any way to change the way the way this data displays? Thanks!
Picture 1.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-11 at 10.38.32 am.png

icon

Best answer by bgooldfed 11 July 2022, 03:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi qualtricstg,
There is some documentation which describes the two ways you can export data belonging to a multiple choice matrix like yours. Scroll down to "MULTI-ANSWER LIKERT MATRIX TABLE" to find it.
The second option described in the linked documentation should give you column headers structured like {Question} - {"Parent/Caregiver x" / "You"} - {Education level}, and each row will denote the respective selection. I'm not sure if that exactly meets your needs, but it's the closest you'll get without having to do further manipulation.
Good luck!

Leave a Reply