Multiple form field: Store values as Embedded data | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a survey with +10+ form fields for text entry and I want to store each field as a different embedded data.

I tried ${q://QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1} , ${q://QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue/2}… But only  “${q://QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1}” worked well storing the value for the first fields. The other ones store empty values. 

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can solve this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @lorennaVB ,

Can you share a screen shot of the Form Field question you’re using, and where you’re piping the data to? That might help Community members better diagnose the issue.

A couple things you might want to verify first.

When you generated the QID text entry value references, did you use the Insert Piped Text interface, or write them manually? 

Did you make any edits to the Form Field question that might have changed the QID line references? You can check this by viewing “Recode values” under Question Behavior.

Hi @MatthewM ! 

This is the form field question shot: 

I am piping date on Survey flow section, as follows. I tried to Insert Piped Text interface, but it only works fot “Cliente 1”field. For the other fields I had to write manually.  

I tried to find “Recode Values” under “Question Behavior", but this option is not available: 

Sorry, I forgot that the Recode Values option does not exist for Form Field type questions!

The fact that the Insert Piped Text interface only worked for the Cliente 1 line suggests the problem might be there. Can you share a screen shot of the Piped Text options that appear when you select Q9? (It should look like the screen shot below.) I’m not sure why you would only see Cliente 1 there.

I can see all field options, but when I click on them, only Cliente 1 gives me a result. The other options do not show a value

Hi @lorennaVB ,

Can you show where  are you printing the data?
I believe there is some issue with survey flow as the embedded data's should be defined after the block which contains the Form Field question.
And they should be printed in next block.

I implemented the same at my end and it is working for me .
Waiting for your response.

Hi @lorennaVB ,

Never Mind ignore the above message, I found the issue:

As you can see, for the “Cliente 1”  there is space between words and number while in other cases there is no such spaces.
I think while piping the value of  Cliente values with spaces and since there are no such variables it will show as blank.

I will advice to use “_” between the words and numbers to overcome this issue.

Hope this resolves your query😊!!

Hi @lorennaVB ,

Never Mind ignore the above message, I found the issue:

As you can see, for the “Cliente 1”  there is space between words and number while in other cases there is no such spaces.
I think while piping the value of  Cliente values with spaces and since there are no such variables it will show as blank.

I will advice to use “_” between the words and numbers to overcome this issue.

Hope this resolves your query😊!!

Good catch! Can’t believe I missed that.

Leave a Reply