Multiple people contributing to one survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello everyone. I am converting a Redcap build to Qualtrics and have run into an issue. 

We have a survey that patients need to fill out, then about 5 field that the doctor will fill out. We then want to output a PDF and create reports/dashboard using the patient responses and the doctor responses as if they are all one survey.

In Redcap, this was done by having multiple instruments/surveys linked to the same record.

How can something similar be done in Qualtrics? Would it be best to have hidden fields in the patient survey that the doctor can then go in and fill out? Or can two surveys be created within the project that are then linked to the same person for PDF/report generation? 

Thanks for any suggestions! 

You can definitely add both surveys to a single report or dashboard, but I have only ever done this when your aggregating responses together; my assumption here is your trying to combine into a single PDF per patient.  

There would be potential to use the first survey as embedded data to trigger a second survey, or alternatively if you have access to Qualtrics ticketing you may wish to create a ticket workflow off the back of a patient feedback and use the ticket to capture the notes/feedback from doctor linked to that patient’s response.  

Others may have a more straightforward solution to this, but above were my initial thoughts having not had this use case myself.

Leave a Reply