Multiple thank you messages | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am AB testing an incentive in the form of offering a specific pdf version of a report that will be of interest to my survey respondents.

To distribute the survey I split my sample into two groups, one with an invitation advertising the incentive and one without. Is there a way that I can immediately send the pdf upon survey completion only to the group that was incentivized?

I know I can set the survey to immediately send this file with a thank you upon completion, but doing it that way would send the pdf to all those who complete the survey rather than just the one group. And, it appears as though a thank you attached to the incentivized group’s distribution can only be scheduled for a set time rather than sent to those in that group/distribution upon completion. Principles of psychology; I want these people to get the pdf report immediately.

Any ideas??

I am loathe to attempt to use some of the non-supported past functionality like email triggers as the documentation on these is full of warnings… If I set multiple thank yous to the incentivized distribution, perhaps daily, would these folks get the thank you message over and over again, or does that type of message only go once (if you know what I’m getting at?)? 

Hi @PCJCUSA,

To achieve this, I recommend adding an 'Embedded Variable' (e.g., Group) in the survey to differentiate between the two groups. If you already have an 'Embedded Variable' for distinguishing between the groups, you can use that as well.

Next, set up a 'Workflow' using the 'Survey Response' task.

Add a condition that triggers the workflow only if the 'Embedded Variable' indicates that the respondent is from the group being advertised the incentive.

Then, add another task to distribute the PDF using the 'Email' task.

This setup will ensure that the workflow sends the PDF only to respondents from the group being advertised the incentive.

Let me know if this works for you.

This is PERFECT. How do I upvote you? 🙂 Thanks for your help, I knew there had to be a way!

Hello @PCJCUSA,

I am glad it worked for you. You can make it as answer to upvote.

Leave a Reply