Multiple workflow emails based on many multiple choice question answers | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello!

I work for a school district and we have a survey that students select their school building first and then that branches to a question that only shows the staff member names at their building.  They select one staff member’s name.  Then they continue on with the questions of the survey. This is an anonymous survey, so no directory is being used.

My plan is to make a workflow email to that selected staff member to share the student response.  It is just the staff member’s name in the survey and I would enter the staff member’s email in the workflow and have the condition to be set to if they are selected.

I have MANY staff members I would need to do this for to accomplish the purpose of the survey.  Am I missing something or am I under the correct impression that I just need to set up an individual workflow for each staff member?

Thanks for any insight for what I may be missing!

Hi,

As far as I can tell, without calling in any data from the Directory, you’ll have to specify each potential recipient’s email address somewhere. One way, as you stated, would be to create a Workflow for each staff member and reference the email address there. So if you had 50 staff members, you would create 50 similar Workflows.

Another solution might be to use the Survey Flow. Assuming the staff member name is presented in a multiple choice question, a Branching condition could be set up for each staff member that writes their email address to the embedded data. In this solution, if you had 50 staff members, you would set up 50 branching conditions like the one below, but it would only require one Workflow. The Workflow task would have “${e://Field/STAFFEMAIL}” as the recipient email address in the “To” field.

Hope this helps.

I would set it up within survey flow and set as embedded data as @MatthewM stated, here’s how I’ve done so with one of my surveys. Best of luck!

Thank you both!  That helps to confirm the time that I will spend on this, I appreciate the confirmation!

Leave a Reply