Need Help with Handling Repeat Survey Access for Additional Responses | XM Community
Solved

Need Help with Handling Repeat Survey Access for Additional Responses

Badge +1

I am currently managing a survey where participants are required to provide feedback on multiple projects. The survey is set up to loop through a set of questions for each project selected by the respondent. Here's a simplified explanation of the setup:

The survey starts by listing all the projects assigned to the participant since a specific year. The participant selects which projects they wish to provide feedback on. Based on their selections, the survey loops through the questions for each selected project.

The issue I am running is for people who complete the survey for some (but not all) selected projects and then attempt to re-enter the survey at a later time to complete sections for the remaining projects encounter an error message: "You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired."

How can I configure the survey to allow participants to re-enter the survey to complete it for additional projects without triggering the completion or session expiration message?

icon

Best answer by AC2022C 4 May 2024, 04:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@AC2022C a few options, but none that exactly solve what your after.

1. extend out the timeframe someone has for completion of survey and then instruct them not to finish the survey, if they haven’t completed all (maybe add question to ask if they have completed all sections)
  2. send out a retake survey link; their old responses are saved - does require you to send this manually  Retake Survey Link (qualtrics.com)
  3. adjust survey settings to enable multiple responses, although then you need to manage duplicate responses to merge these
Badge +1

I resolved the issue by changing the link under advanced settings in the distribution email to allow multiple submissions.

Leave a Reply