One Survey, Multiple Distinct Classes | XM Community
Skip to main content

Greetings,

I am looking for a solution to use a single survey for multiple classes. The intent is to aggregate data into one survey for ease of analysis. However, we need to be able to distribute the survey at the end of each class (upwards of 20) and accurately associate the response with the unique class. We’ve considered using codes the users would need to enter (or select) in order to associate their response with the specific class, but that invites user error.

I am okay with anonymous links. Appreciate any input

Hello @SinanMMA

To collect unique class information, you can use either the 'Form Field' or 'Text Entry' question types. Place this question at the beginning or end of the survey for respondents to enter their unique class. 

If you also need to collect personal data like name, email, or phone number, I recommend using the 'Form Field' question type. However, if you only need the class information, a 'Text Entry' question will suffice.

To view raw data based on the class, navigate to the 'Data & Analysis' tab and add a filter for 'Survey Question - Class' where you can select the desired class.

If you have created a dashboard, you can use the class as a filter to view all responses associated with a specific class.

By following this method, you can distribute the survey using any method, including an anonymous link or QR code.

Let me know if this helps.

Hello @SinanMMA ,

Perhaps you can try adding embedded data in Survey Flow and a “Class” query string at the back of the survey link.

for example,

Add an embedded data and name it “Class” at the Survey Flow.

Using anonymous link: “http://qualtrics……..d” and there is class A, B, ....

For class A, use the link: “http://qualtrics……..d?Class=A”

For another class, just change the alphabet A to something else.

This will create an extra column for you to differentiate the classes in the “Data & Analysis” tab.

More information can be found at Passing Information via Query Strings (qualtrics.com)

@Chee Heng_SZ Simple and effective. Thank you

@Chee Heng_SZ 

Thanks again for this suggestion - I am trying to implement it but struggling a bit during testing. Here is how i set the embedded data

After trying out two different anonymous links, one with “?Class=A” and one with “?Class=B” i came out with one column that shows the same information:

Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?

@Chee Heng_SZ 

Thanks again for this suggestion - I am trying to implement it but struggling a bit during testing. Here is how i set the embedded data

After trying out two different anonymous links, one with “?Class=A” and one with “?Class=B” i came out with one column that shows the same information:

Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Hi @SinanMMA ,

In the screenshot that you have provided, you have set “Class” to a fixed value “Class Information”.

Try leaving the embedded data “Class” empty at the start.

When a participant enters a survey using the anonymous link “…?Class=A”, the “Class” will be assigned as A, as stated by the text “Value will be set from Panel or URL.”

@Chee Heng_SZ That worked! Thanks so much for your help!

Leave a Reply