Personal Links | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have created a couple of surveys in which select individuals receive Personal Links in order to do confidential voting. However, I have played around in the Flows section of the surveys to try and manipulate the system so that the recipients do not get error messages (specifically, “Please Answer this question,” or “Unable to Log In with Information Provided”) 

These come up even when I’ve entered in the recipient emails in the Flows section and in the distribution section when creating personal links. Nothing has worked! I’ve even talked with Customer Service and thought I might have solved the issue, but still no resolution. Help!

Do you have an Authenticator in the survey flow?  Normally, you don’t need one if you are using Personal Links. If that’s the case, delete the Authenticator and set the survey to ‘By invitation only’ under Survey Options.

@TomG I do have an Authenticator applied, however when I remove it, Qualtrics tells me I need “at least one element in the flow before saving.” I’m not sure what else to put here if I don’t need an Authenticator.

Move the items under the Authenticator (e.g., Question block), outside the Authenticator (i.e., above or below) before deleting the Authenticator.

It worked!! Thank you so much

Leave a Reply