Pipe Text from directory list to survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

beginner question : how do i display data from Directory list ?
I have an auto complete text entry , and I want to pipe text from directory list based on answer from this question ?
example
Q1 : Client / Answer : Client1
Text block :
(piped text from directory) Client 1 - (piped text from directory) Client 1 Name
Thanks in advance

Hi,
If I'm following your question correctly, what you want to do is take values that exist in your email list, and show them in the survey? If that's the case, I would start by reviewing two Qualtrics Support pages.

1. Piped text: Piping from an embedded data field

2. Embedded data: Setting values from a contact list

If the support pages do not describe what you are trying to do, please share a screen shot of your survey question to give the community members a better idea of your problem.

I forgot to mention that this survey will be deployed for anonymous response.
What I'm trying to achieve is that when a store code is chosen from store code question , i want to show the related information from the list (second screen shot)

image.pngimage.pngSo for example as an anonymous respondent if i pick store code : C2400274
the text area should be like this
store name :DYNARH ALIM SARL
Store Area : Agdal
Material deployed :
(will add this as fixed text) Chevalet :Oui
I contact support over chat and they suggested the branch with embedded data but they explained this wouldn't work for my case , also i can't spend time creating 8k branch conditions as this survey will be deployed to gather data of 8k stores.
I hope this is clarifies what I'm trying to do and someone can help.

You can use an Authenticator that would serve as your Store Code question. Make Store Code the ExternalDataReference in your contact list. Then under the authenticator you can populate embedded data fields with fields from your contact list . You need to make sure authenticating respondents can take the survey multiple times.

Follow TomG's suggestion. This use case is outside the scope of my own experience with Qualtrics.

Leave a Reply