Piped Text - All Choices, Entered Text, Help

• 10 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Everyone, 

Hope you’re all well.

This is how my question looks.

In the next question I want to pipe just the completed fields, so in this case Test 1, and Test 2.

Using this option.

I get…

As you can see it also pulls the uncompleted field names – Artist 3, Artist 4 and Artist 5.

How do I pull just the completed fields, so in this case Test 1, and Test 2.

icon

Best answer by vgayraud 10 January 2024, 12:15

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

All choice entered text will show entered response and blank choices. Better you can create embedded field and pipe in value inside of it under survey flow using branch logic. e.g. if option 1 is not empty then embedded field = enter text at option 1, if option 2 is not empty then embedded field = pipe in embedded field, enter text at option 2 and so on…….. then pipe that embedded field in next question’s QText. other way is to use JS to pipe in values.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @ArunDubey 

Thanks for getting back to me. Don’t suppose you can share a few screen-shots on how to set this up in workflow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I’m assuming respondent will enter sequentially

Please refer below screenshot:

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks @ArunDubey, but piping ${e://Field/Artist_Bucket} is not working.

This is how I set it up.

This is at the top of the survey, reference Artist_Bucket.

Then.

Then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Can you please confirm, your Q3 question is before Artist_Busket field punching? and next question is implemented after those punching in new block?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Got it, I had a block in the wrong position.

The only thing now is I can’t go back, any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

You cannot use back button after separating blocks. You can use JS but that will be to complex.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Does this new logic have to come after the question, or could I move the logic to the end of the survey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

you cannot move it. it is required just after the question if you want to show the piped text in after that multi text question.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If I don’t need the piped text in the survey, but say in a follow up email, I could then move this to the end?

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

Hi,

Try this as piped text in your 2nd question:

${q://QID5/ChoiceGroup/EnteredChoicesTextEntry}

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

If I don’t need the piped text in the survey, but say in a follow up email, I could then move this to the end?

Yes, since follow up email will be sent after survey completion. So you can do this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for your help @ArunDubey but I went with the solution from @vgayraud!

Leave a Reply