Piped text in multiple languages | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello everyone,
I have something weird going on with a survey I am programming. Basically I am using some hidden questions to pipe in text in various places. The issue is when I select a different language, the pipe-in text does not update itsself to the translation.
For example, my survey is in English and French. If I answer Q1 in English, click next, switch to French, answer Q2 in French and click next, then arrive at a screen where I pipe the answer from Q1, the text that appears is still in English even though I switched to French on the previous screen.
It is only when I select English, then immediately re-select French in dropdown that the text will appear in French.
I have checked the Translation and everything seems to be OK.
Has anyone else encountered this? Or am I doing something wrong on my end?
Please help as I have been trying for hours to troubleshoot this.

piped language will be same as it is answered, if Q1 was displayed in English and Q2 in French than pied text will be English and French respectively.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/47294#Comment_47294That's actually what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming!
My question now is can something easily be done to correct this to get the desired result? My assumption is a workaround would be saving these answers in embedded data with branching based on language? Is there another option you would suggest?

Leave a Reply