Piped Text into Hyperlinked Email Body/Subject | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all!
I am looking to add an email hyperlink that utilized piped text but whenever I try it I get the body text with the verbatim piped text identifier. Is there a way around this or does the hyperlink attribute not recognize (or cannot access) the piped text content?
How I set it up:
image.pngWhat I get:
image.pngThank you for any assistance!

Best,
Dave

Hi there, when configuring the hyperlink Email within the Qualtrics, the URL's Subject and Message get encoded which causes the piping to not work. To fix the URL, configure it as desired in Qualtrics and then copy the URL out of the HTML view of the question. Then go to this website, drop in the URL, and hit Decode:
https://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/
This will give you a URL that Qualtrics can interpret. Back in the HTML view of the question with the hyperlinked text, swap out the Encoded URL with the Decoded URL. When the hyperlink is next clicked out, the values should be getting piped in correctly
Encoded URL:
Click HERE to send an email with information

Decoded URL:
Click HERE to send an email with information

Tom_1842 Hi Tom, thank you so much! I had looked in the source and manually formatted it, but I clearly made an error in that! This has made it so much easier--thank you!

Leave a Reply