Previewing survey - without getting recorded | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

Is there any option to preview the survey without getting it recorded in the data. I want to run it 10-15 times to verify the structure and flow and don’t want the data to be recorded. This is required as my data collection is already in progress.

Check this support page, which will help you to delete all the preview responses at once.

Check this support page, which will help you to delete all the preview responses at once.

Hey, like I mentioned I am in the middle of survey and hence don’t want to delete “all” of the responses at once.

You can also modify the survey flow by adding a branch logic as it survey url contains preview then add end of survey element under this branch logic with do not record response option checked.

Hi all,

Is there any option to preview the survey without getting it recorded in the data. I want to run it 10-15 times to verify the structure and flow and don’t want the data to be recorded. This is required as my data collection is already in progress.

@rochak_khandelwal Add “Q_DONT_SAVE=1” as parameter to the survey/preview URL when you don’t want to record them.

i.e: https://yourdomain.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/previewId/1234567890abcxyz/SV_123456abcdxyz?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_DONT_SAVE=1

Hope this helps

Thanks @dxconnamnguyen for sharing this!

Another workaround could be answering all the questions in the preview mode except for the last one to make sure it doesn’t submit. 

Thanks @dxconnamnguyen , this worked and was really helpful.

@ash123 - Hey, that would be helpful. But won’t be able to help me in case I want to check the randomizations.

Thanks @dxconnamnguyen , this worked and was really helpful.

@rochak_khandelwal Happy to help 👍

Leave a Reply