Problem with Branch (Add Conditional Questions) | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,
Capture.JPG
I am a new qualtrics user working on a 2*3 between-subject design (6 blocks). There are two questions under each block (Q1, Q2), which are sequentially related (so I cannot change the order of questions to Q2 Q1). I want to branch based on the answer of Q1 (e.g., if subjects select strongly agree/agree/slightly agree, I will ask them additional questions, those additional questions are stored in a separate block).
I tried to use branch and display logic, but neither of them works under preview. In preview, my questionnaire just skip the questions under the branch and move to the following block.
I would be really appreciated it if you could help me know what is the possible cause of the problem! Many thanks in advance!

Hi,
Currently it's randomizing between the 4 elements in the randomizer - "Main Survey" x 2 and Branch x 2. The best way to avoid this is to add a group element which contains the first main survey block and it's branch then a separate group with the second main survey and it's branch.
image.png
Hope this helps :)
Steph

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/43303#Comment_43303Hi Steph,
It works now!!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!
Best,
Alexis

Leave a Reply