Q_PopulateResponse text entry box in multiple choice question | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello, 

I am trying to test my survey by populating age to be equal to “35”. This would populate a text entry box of a multiple choice question

I’ve tried various ways: 

Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":"{"Value":"35"}"}

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":"1"{"Value":"35"}}

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1_3_TEXT":{"Value":"1","Text":"35"}}

&Q_PopulateResponse = {"QID1":{{"Value":"1","Text":"35"}]}

&Q_PopulateResponse={”QID1”:”1”,"QID1_3_TEXT":"35”}

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":{"1":"35"}}

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":{"1":{"1": "35"}}}

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":{"1":{"1_TEXT": "35"}}}

@Rhaven Nelson 

You can directly include that value in default choice of that question if you want to test it.

Hope it helps!

Thank you, however, I need to mass produce test responses. so there are 4 questions at the beginning of my survey that I’d like to populate and test with different answers. 

I did try to first include that value as a default choice and then generate test responses with the other 3 simple multiple choice questions, however, it seems that default choice does carry over to ‘generate test responses”

@Rhaven Nelson 

You can create an embedded data pipe that in place of value/default value and change value in that embedded data it will pick up the value dynamically when you change it.

Thank you! However, sadly,  this did not work for me either

@Rhaven Nelson,

Use this:

{"QID1":[{"Value":"1","Text":"35"}]}

Where the question id is QID1, the choice id is 1, and the text box value is 35.

This finally worked thank you so much!  One thing I did wrong was use the recode value.  Is there an easy way to find the choice ID without clearing records survey-wide? 

This finally worked thank you so much!  One thing I did wrong was use the recode value.  Is there an easy way to find the choice ID without clearing records survey-wide? 

Preview the question then use the inspect feature of your browser to look at the input element. It will have a choiceid attribute.

Wonderful, thank you!!

Leave a Reply