Qualtrics Survey Link | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, i am designing surveys for my customer base. I want to send individual link to each customer via email. Previously it was done in my team. The customer received the survey and they responded. But the thing is that every manager (each region had one) they had one link, they would click on it and a page would appear, they would put in their name, their region, customer name, customer email and account name and the survey would be sent to that customer. One link for all the employees took them to this page but after entering the information they were able to send seperate surveys. And then that information would appear as embedded data. How do i do that? Because i want everyone to have on link to send the survey instead of me sending out hundreds of surveys but in the end the customer should recieve unique survey. 

Hi @Rohmakainth ,

I can give you some idea but not clear with the whole situation.

I am assuming the same link is used BUT when the Manager adds the extra info, (name, their region, customer name, customer email and account name), they get saved into the embedded data, means - your survey should already have those embedded data fields in the survey flow, and when the manager add those details, it gets associated with the link.

Say, the link is  

https://community.qualtrics.com/survey-platform-54/jfe/preview/previewId?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current

the below part gets added to the link:

&name=XXX&customer_name=XXX&customer_email=XXX&account_name=XXX

Those values get replaced in place of XXX makes them unique link for each customer (and this data also get saved with the survey data on completion). These links then distributed to the end customer.

I hope others can add in it to help you out.

Regards,

PD

Hi @Rohmakainth!

What @Prateek.Dang describes above can definitely work -- this leverages query strings, which you can read more about here on the Qualtrics support page.

Another approach you could consider is to leverage workflows and a customer contact/mailing list

1. You would have a form/survey that is sent to Managers where they enter the information related to their customer, then the data captured in that form (manager name, manager region, customer name, customer email, customer account name) would be saved as embedded variables tied to a customer contact instance in a contact list. Managers can bookmark/save the link to this form so they can add a customer contact whenever needed.
  2. You create a workflow associated with this form/survey that sends the customer questionnaire to a customer upon being added to the contact list by the Manager. The questionnaire declares the contact panel variables as new embedded data elements at the beginning of the survey flow so that the responses can be associated with the other variables of interest (i.e., manager name, manager region, customer name, customer email, customer account name).
  3. You can create rules to limit the number of surveys the customer receives via the Directory settings.

You could either accomplish this with two survey instances (one for managers to add contacts to the list, and one for customer survey), or you can probably do it in one survey instance by using branching logic:

• If the customer name embedded element is empty, then show only a block where managers enter customer info, then end survey. Your workflow would have a condition to add the customer to the customer contact list if the manager block was displayed.
  • If the customer name embedded element is NOT empty (meaning the survey was sent to the customer as a results of the manager-based workflow), then show just the customer survey block, then end survey.

Let me know if this makes sense or if it’s helpful in any way!

-Erin

The above recommendations are really good suggestions for your problem.  You likely already explored sending distribution centrally using a list of customers against each manager (should this data be available elsewhere).  It’s just needing managers to respond with each customers details does seem a less efficient way for most survey distributions.  However this might be the best for your circumstance.

Hi All, thankyou so much and this is the case. 
the manager gets a questionnaire, and he fills the information and later on the customer receives their own unique survey. I have created the embedded data fields in the survey flow , now my question is :

1- How does each manager get a link / how can I generate the link that takes them to the questionnaire every time they want to send a survey?

Hi, i am designing surveys for my customer base. I want to send individual link to each customer via email. Previously it was done in my team. The customer received the survey and they responded. But the thing is that every manager (each region had one) they had one link, they would click on it and a page would appear, they would put in their name, their region, customer name, customer email and account name and the survey would be sent to that customer. One link for all the employees took them to this page but after entering the information they were able to send seperate surveys. And then that information would appear as embedded data. How do i do that? Because i want everyone to have on link to send the survey instead of me sending out hundreds of surveys but in the end the customer should receive unique survey. 

Hi All, thankyou so much and this is the case. 

the manager gets a questionnaire, and he fills the information and later on the customer receives their own unique survey. I have created the embedded data fields in the survey flow , now my question is :

1- How does each manager get a link / how can I generate the link that takes them to the questionnaire every time they want to send a survey?

Leave a Reply