Question about randomised conditions | XM Community
Solved

Question about randomised conditions

• 6 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all,
I'm designing an experiment embedded within a survey and I have three different conditions. I am able to randomly allocate participants to one of these three conditions, then the next page is identical for everyone (where they all answer the same question). Here's the kicker: after this page I want to return to the randomised conditions to ask a further question, but I need to ensure that everyone sees the condition that they saw the first time around. I'm wondering if this is possible in Qualtrics? Hope this makes sense.

icon

Best answer by Kate 6 October 2021, 21:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes. But it does require a bit of set up.

You'll want to use the randomizer to randomly allocate people to your condition. Then ensure that your embedded data captures which condition the users where shown. Then you can use that embedded data to set the survey flow conditions to re-display the same condition.

Badge

Hi there,
This is really helpful thank you. I have already set up the randomiser, which includes the three conditions. Do I then include the embedded data as a further subsection of the randomiser, or as a separate block? Also, which kind of embedded data do I use (i.e. response ID, panel ID etc.)? Hope this makes sense and thanks again.

Eddy

Leave a Reply