Question(s) for street address / physical location? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Question: Is there a way to include a question to capture a physical location or street address and for the address to validate? I suppose I could create 4 questions to ask for street address, city, state and zip code, but I would like for the addresses to automatically validate its inputs.

Objective: I would like to create a form for users to submit the location for various activities, but I’m stuck on figuring out the best way to capture street address or geolocational data. Because the submitters may not be in the same location as the address, I cannot rely on the user’s location data/metadata. Instead, the user will need to enter the address of the event and I would like that address to automatically validate.

@Mr. Auditor  There is potential to integrate with google maps to assist with autocomplete of address.  

However my understanding is this may be in preview only for some customers and not available for all users, top of support page says this feature isn’t yet available for all users. Refer to: 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/standard-content/autocomplete-questions-supplemental-data/#GoogleMaps

If you search ‘google autocomplete‘ here in the community, you will see a few older posts of other people trying this, with some errors.  You may be able to find a work around, but I’d recommend contacting support based on your account and see if this is an option to be enabled.  

The best would be to have the data already and then match it using Authenticator and if they do not match flag them. I’d suggest you to search Authenticator in help section and learn more!

Leave a Reply