Question text is not being saved unless the Rich Content Editor is open? | XM Community
Solved

Question text is not being saved unless the Rich Content Editor is open?

Badge

In the Question text field, it says, "Click to write the Question Text" however, clicking and then writing the text, is not possible since nothing is saved. I actually need to click then open the Rich Content Editor to write Question text. This is not the case for answer choice text fields, so I was wondering if this is normal behavior? Also if text that is already in the question field is clicked on, and then clicked away from, it erases the field. It makes it confusing to write text and easy to lose text.
Qualtrics.gif

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 5 May 2022, 20:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

This is not normal behavior.
Sounds like maybe the project got corrupted. I have seen people in the past fix these glitches by making a copy of the project and continue editing in the newly copied project. This works fine unless you already have data saved. If you need that exact project to start working as it should, then I would reach out to support and anticipate your issues will be raised to the engineering team.

Badge

Hi bstrahin,
Thank you for confirming my suspicion. Unfortunately, this issue affects all forms for everyone on my team (possibly institution?), so I'm glad I raised the issue. I'll submit a ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

If you aren't the brand admin you may want to contact them too so they know what is going on at your institution. They may want to loop in your account manager from Qualtrics who might want to support such a large scale issue.

Badge

I have the same problem, but only on Chrome. It affects all questionnaires, even newly created ones (dismissing the explanation of corrupt questionnaire). I had the same problem through an account of another institution. Also, on Firefox or Edge all works fine.
Any fix?

Leave a Reply