Randomise where one block shows in my survey | XM Community
Solved

Randomise where one block shows in my survey

• 20 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a survey which consists of 12 blocks. One of the blocks I want to show either in the 4th block position or the 12th block position.

Hopefully participants would have a 50% change of seeing the block in either 4th or 12th.

I’m really struggling with this- any help would be incredibly appreciated. If you are able to include images that would be amazing.

icon

Best answer by omkarkewat 20 March 2024, 09:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

hi @RRichardson93 I tried to replicate your use case and instead of 12 blocks I am using 5 blocks.

STEP 1: Create the questions blocks as per your requirement.

STEP 2: Go to survey flow and create the following setup.

Here I am trying to show Q3 block either at 3rd position or 5th position. First randomizer will have block 1 and block 2. Second randomizer will have 2 groups, one group will be empty and second one will have ‘block 3’ along with an embedded data to capture its occurrence respectively.
Next randomizer will have the other remaining blocks, i.e., 4 and 5, then we will check if the Q3 block was shown or not earlier using the embedded data branch logic, if not then it will shown at the 5th position.
NOTE: Please do not forget to tick the ‘Evenly Present Elements’ box in the all the randomizers, this will ensure the randomization is not biased.

Follow this process for your 12 blocks!

Badge +1

Amazing, works perfect. Thank you very much!

Leave a Reply