Redirecting participants to previous questions to revise their answers | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
Here what I am trying to do. I have 2 blocks equally randomized (50:50).
In one of these 2 blocks I have the following:
Q1: ask participants to input number between 1-100
Q2: show them their answer via ${q://QID1/ChoiceTextEntryValue} and ask them if they want to revise their answer. If they say yes, I want to redirect them to Q1 again.
I tried to set the question logic this way but I get an error in the because I cant set the logic of Q1 to be conditioned by an answer in a following question Q2.
Thank you in advance

Kareman_Yassin
You can create three questions in a separate block as shown below and then create a branch logic in survey flow as shown.
image.pngimage.pngHope this helps!

Hi Deepak,
Thank you for your reply.
The problem is that these questions are part of a block that is randomized.
And If I understand correctly, you can't create sub blocks within a block in Qualtrics.

Any idea how to get around this?

Kareman_Yassin
You can include one more question same as text entry and just include the entered value as default choice and a display logic to show this when they select "yes" I want to change the answer. Something like this:
image.pngOnce this is done. You can capture the final value in an embedded data survey flow post block like below:
image.pngOnce done you will have your value in "Value". The catch is if you would like to give them option of changing the value twice or thrice within same block, you will have to create duplicate questions within block.
Hope this helps!

Leave a Reply