Regarding Importing data (CSV file) to Qualtrics system | XM Community
Skip to main content

We having trouble in importing TIME data from CSV file to Qualtrics. The data displayed on Qualtrics is not same as the data we have on the CSV file. Specifically, Data in CSV file is "01/08/21" but the system displays 31/07/21 (1 day difference).
We don't understand why the error is like this? Please point it out to us
Many thanks!
2.png1.png

One thing that I would check is that your time zone is set correctly in your account settings. From your screenshot, I only see a pure date being exported in your CSV, so I don't see why it would make a difference, but it can't hurt.

Hi Zick,
About timezone I've already set in both Users setting and in the Configure the Import (like images blow). Can you check if it has any error?
3.png4.png

Que My suggestion was a bit of a long shot; your settings look correct to me. My only other suggestion is to ensure that your date field in your CSV is stripped of any times and is purely a date. Like my last suggestion, this is another long shot.

Thank jmborzick for yr very quickly response!
"My only other suggestion is to ensure that your date field in your CSV is stripped of any times and is purely a date. Like my last suggestion, this is another long shot"
Sorry I don't clear what you mean! Can you show me more clearly, Borzick!
Below is file CSV I have imported!
CS.csv

Que I've tried replicating your problem using your data and screenshots and I consistently import the dates correctly. What question type are do you have set in your survey for each of your date fields? If it's a "text entry," I'm not sure what else to try outside of creating a brand new survey and trying again. It would probably be a good idea to contact Qualtrics support on this question.

Wow, I'm so happy to hear "import the dates correctly" from you, haha :)
I am testing for importing data based on survey demo like image.
It's a bit annoying but can you show me the survey you did for this section?
Your suggest about contacting Q is very good, maybe I will contact them later!
5.png

Que I've attached the QSF of the survey that I used to try and replicate your problem. Use this survey and see if the data imports correctly for you .
delete_me.qsf

Que I've attached
delete_me.qsf the QSF for the survey that I used with your CSV file. Try using my survey to see if the problem persists.

So awesome, thank you jmborzick.

We are new to Qualtrics and thought the importing CSV files would be easier to new survey. Do you really have to select every option under the field or is there a way for to automatically populate? The survey questions and options are the same on the file and new survey question. We were told it would be easy to import our data. Any suggestions?
CSV import.png

elizmcclure5 your interpretation of survey imports is correct. An easier method would be to import the data to an "Imported Data Project." Under this method, you don't need to map the fields every time.

Leave a Reply