RelevantID (and other prevent fraud options) not working with Personal Links | XM Community
Skip to main content

I added the RelevantID, Bot, and Prevent multiple response options.
To eliminate/cancel fraud responses I added embedded data fields in the survey as the first block. After two or three blocks, I added "then branch if" based on the data from embedded data (relevantID, Ballot Box Stuffing, Recaptcha) to direct fraud responses to the end.
When I do survey preview, the options work: the survey is finished when I arrive at brunch logic, as I have already responded before; and values appear in the embedded data fields in the database.
However, when I use a personal link, the embedded data does not work: the survey is not finished at the brunch logic and no value from the embedded data fields appears in the database.
Do these options not work with personal links? What am I missing? 
I know personal links should be used only once, however, I want to prevent multiple responses for participants with multiple ID or other fraud strategies in data collection platforms.

Thank you for the help!

Did you create the survey flow as per Fraud Detection (qualtrics.com)?

@Guruparan Yes, I did. I added embedded data before the first block and then, after two or three blocks, I added "then branch if" as shown in qualtrics.com. While it seems to work fine in preview mode, it doesn't work when I test with personal links.

@CarlaB,

Confirm that you published the survey after making those changes and re-test with previously unused Personal Links. If it still isn’t working, contact Qualtrics Support.

Hi, thank you for your answers, @TomG @Guruparan. Qualtrics support confirmed that these options do not work with personal links, since each personal link is unique (and it would prevent multiple responses).

Leave a Reply