removing column answers from side by side questions | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am seeing this message when I go to remove a column response option (i.e., delete Answer 2). 

“Removing column answers from a side by side question will invalidate the collected responses”

Can you clarify what happens to the data when Answer 2 is removed? Will this invalidate data collected in this item? The survey is not yet published. 

If you remove an answer option (a column in this case) the responses will no longer be visible/available through the data and analysis tab. If you haven’t published the survey yet, there’s nothing to worry about. The warning is most probably due to any test runs that you may have done.

Hi @four77,

If you decide to remove option 2 from your survey and proceed to publish it, the responses associated with that option will no longer be visible or available through the 'Data and Analysis' tab. Furthermore, this option will not be presented to customers who take the survey after it has been published. If your survey hasn't been published yet, there's no need to worry.

The warning you're currently seeing is a default message from Qualtrics intended to alert you to this action.

Leave a Reply