Removing Forced Response from a Checkbox element in a Simple Layout SBS | XM Community
Solved

Removing Forced Response from a Checkbox element in a Simple Layout SBS

• 11 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

this is a follow-on from autopopulate column 2 in a SBS when a selection is made in column 1 | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

A 3rd column in a Simple Layout SBS question is set as a checkbox (multiple answer with only one choice) as per 

The problem is that both “checked” and “not checked” are valid choices, but (because of Forced Response) “not checked” is not allowed.

I know i can make this checkbox its own question below the SBS (will do that if all else fails) but for display reasons (so other questions below it can be seen without scrolling) i want it to be part of the SBS.

I have been playing around with heaps of JS code to set the aria-required for this to false but have been unsuccessful.

My other option is to make it a drop-down with “No” set as default but the checkbox style just looks so much nicer.

I’m beginning to learn that all things seem possible with JS, CSS and/or HTML so i’m hoping this is possible too.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by omkarkewat 11 March 2024, 10:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @jMakin You can do this via custom validation. Turn off the force response toggle and add the below custom validation.

First logic set is for column 1 i.e., Category and second logic set is for column 2 i.e., Confidence.
This will make sure that column 1 and 2 is not empty but column 3 can be empty to move forward. 

Badge +3

Hi @jMakin You can do this via custom validation. Turn off the force response toggle and add the below custom validation.

First logic set is for column 1 i.e., Category and second logic set is for column 2 i.e., Confidence.
This will make sure that column 1 and 2 is not empty but column 3 can be empty to move forward. 

i like this so much, Thank you.

Spent hours trying to tweak JS and this was right here all the time. 

This place is a steep and wonderful learning curve.

cheers, jeff

Leave a Reply