Reopen survey link on next question - possible? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Is it possible to format a survey in the following way?
If a user closes the tab/page on a specific question, I want the user to be redirected to the next question when they return again to the survey. Right now, when using a personal link the user is returned to the same question they left from. I want to format a specific question/block so that, if the user closes the tab on that question/block, the next time they open the survey link, they see the next question, and not the one they left from. How can I do this? Thanks!

I believe the only way to do it is to get and set the respondent status externally using ajax calls then click the next button as appropriate.

Thanks for the response, Tom! To make sure I understand this correctly, when implemented: will this structure automatically bring the user to the Next question when they open the survey link the next time, or will they still land on the same question they left from, and THEY have to click the Next button?

It will take them to the next page (It would take them back to the same page, but then automatically click the next button if it isn't their first time loading the page. It can be programmed such that they don't see the page until their 'status' is determined).

Thank you Tom! It seems to have worked! 👍

Leave a Reply