Response rates transaccional survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello! It is very common for clients to ask us about a benchmark for response rates in their VoC measurement programs... This will clearly depend on many factors such as the sample framework, data update frequency, visual survey themes, etc. But is there an average or a baseline measure where the response rate for transactional surveys sent via email should ideally be? If anyone has information on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi Sergio! 

I have look this for delighted wich is a Qualtrics related tool https://delighted.com/blog/average-survey-response-rate

Best, 

Not only will it vary depending on the factors you already mentioned, but it will also vary widely depending on the industry and type of client you are surveying: response rates for surveying hospital patients who recently underwent surgery will have nothing in common with response rates for surveying customers who bought new unbranded shoes at their superstore.

Because of that, providing your client with benchmarks that are not aligned with their industry and the type of interaction you are surveying can be very risky in terms of setting unrealistic expectations.

I think one good way to approach the situation would be to analyze the client’s historical response rates for similar studies and build up from there, trying to see what could be done to improve them.

Leave a Reply