Responses in Progress disappear! | XM Community
Solved

Responses in Progress disappear!

• 13 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,
I use Qualtrics to collect data. I have 115+/- responses in progress are disappeared from my account for no reason. Could anyone here help? Please....
I checked my settings and they are all correct. These responses in progress are supposed to be recorded after 3 months rather than deleted. Also, they are not expired yet. Please see attached.  
These responses are very important to me although they are partially completed. Please help.
image.pngimage.pngRegards,
Houston

icon

Best answer by CamM 13 December 2021, 06:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Houston1977, a few different things could be causing you problems here...

1. Firstly, it's important to note that the deadline for a respondent to complete any survey is set when they begin the survey, with the record/delete action being evaluated when the response is closed. To determine whether this was causing any issues for your specific scenario, you would need to view your survey version history and compare when the survey was started vs the version of your survey that was published at the time.

2. Second, when the incomplete survey response deadline is reached, it's important to understand that any responses at 0% progress will be deleted, even if you've configured the survey to record partial responses.

3. Finally, the incomplete survey responses settings may have been configured after the original survey was published. For any changes to take effect, the survey must be re-published.

If you're still confident that everything was set up correctly after considering the above points, I'd suggest contacting Qualtrics support for assistance. There are no guarantees, but depending on the circumstances, they may be able to recover deleted survey responses for you.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Cameron

Leave a Reply