Resume incomplete survey response | XM Community
Solved

Resume incomplete survey response

• 14 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there, 

I have been following these instructions to issue participants a retake link but I am hoping to use it more like something they can use to resume answering their survey if they have not completed all the questions. So, I was trying to send them an email when they start the survey but it seems like the survey is only triggered when the participant submits the survey response. Is there a way to trigger a workflow for respondent’s who have started but not completed a survey?

For context, I can only use anonymous links to distribute the survey. 

I’d appreciate any support! Thank you!

icon

Best answer by EmilyErickson 14 June 2023, 17:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Hello @susiepeter 

With the anonymous link would be enough as long as they use the same device/browser to continue the survey. You just have to be sure that you have the option “Allow respondents to finish later” enabled. That way when they open the same anonymous link, it will take them to the same point where they were when they left.

The retake survey will overwrite the last response and it’s in fact only available for recorded responses. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, thank you so much for your quick response. I think my problem is that I cannot grantee that the participants will use the same device/browser to continue the survey. For context, the survey will be part of an intervention where students at school may complete it during different sessions at different time points. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

It sounds like you are using an anonymous link but collecting an email?  What if you changed your settings to record the survey if incomplete after 48 hours and send an email triggered on that to retake the response?  The user experience is the same.

If that would work, add this query string to the end of the anonymous link in that email: ?Q_R=${rm://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Another thing that you could do is keep a list updated with your students and use an authenticator that takes the contact info from that list. That way the progress will not be saved by a cookie but by the authenticator. Then you can keep sending the anonymous link whenever you need.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/advanced-elements/authenticator/authenticator-overview/#SettingUpAnAuthenticator

Emily’s idea is great also!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you so much @Ricmarug & @EmilyErickson I will try out both options and see what works best! Hope you are having a lovely day!

Leave a Reply