Retake Response Updated Survey Info Not Visible | XM Community

Retake Response Updated Survey Info Not Visible

• 4 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I issue unique surveys via email distribution. Situation: a user will submit the survey (by accident) and the survey information need to be changed or more information added. I select "retake response" and provide the new link to the user.
The user will then add additional information to the survey. Users are instructed not to submit the survey because an admin reviews the survey first before submitting and ultimately closing the survey.
The ISSUE is when the user adds additional information to the retake survey link the "new/updated" information is not visible to anyone else (admin) who goes into the survey link. The user will see the updated information but not the admin or anyone else who views the survey.
This happens every time, I am not sure what is causing it or how to fix it. This has become a frustrating issue for both users and admin.
Any help would be most appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi RyanBrickman ,
For better or worse, this seems to be the way that Qualtrics has designed retake links to behave; they don't have the same Save and Continue functionality that facilitates in-progress response review/collaboration as the original links do. This has been a pain point for me on some of my projects too.
Qualtrics should be more upfront about the limitations of retake links in their support pages so that users don't learn about it the hard way. There's no mention of it at all at https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
FWIW, I submitted a Product Idea on this a while back, but it has been archived by Qualtrics and can no longer accept votes. ☹️

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@MatthewM Thanks for sharing. Yes pain point for sure, I agree with everything you said. I have tried the product idea submission in the past but never received a response of any kind.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@jmborzick this is why the automatic retake link is not ideal solution to prevent users from submitting the survey.

Leave a Reply