Retake Survey Link | XM Community
Solved

Retake Survey Link

Badge +1

I am conducting an academic study, in that participants will have to exit the survey at some point and come back again using the survey link. What I want to happen is that when they re-enter the survey, they can see the next page from the page the left off, not the same page. Is that possible? 

icon

Best answer by bgooldfed 18 May 2022, 03:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi forouqsh,
There is probably a few ways you could tackle this, here is how I would do it:

• Create an embedded data field to denote whether a participant has reached this "exit point" (let's call it "exited" ) and set it to 0.

• Create a text message for this "exit point" (eg: "You have reached the end of part one, please exit the survey"). You'll want to hide the "Back" and "Next" buttons on this page with some code like this and update the "exited " embedded data field to denote that the participant has arrived at the exit:

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function () {
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData('exited', 1);
$('NextButton').hide();
$('BackButton').hide();
});
  • Add display logic to the "exit point" question so that it only displays if the participant's "exited" value is 0. When they return to the survey via the same link, it will check their "exited" value and see it is 1 and skip to the next question instead.

Good luck!

Badge +1

Hi bgooldfed

Thank you so much for your guide. It really helped me a lot.
I just have a small problem that I can't figure out. This coding works on my Android phone but it does not work on my iPhone. I have tried browsers other than Safari and I have the same issue. Do you have any solution for that? Or is there any other way to solve my problem?

Thank you very much!

Leave a Reply