Send Response Summary to Directory list via Workflow | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! I need to send a response summary of each new response for a survey to a list of 25 people. 

The email task in the workflow does not allow me to select a list, and has a maximum of 30 addresses.

The directory task only sends out surveys, not response summaries.

I figured that since I can add embedded data as an email, I can work around the issue.

In the Surveyflow, I added a variable called AdresMailinlist. Each contactperson in the directory list has an email adress there, followerd by a comma “, ”. This way, I hoped to make a chain of emails stored in that Embedded Data, and then to use it in the workflow email. 

It did not work, but I wonder if there is another way to do this.

Is there another way to capture contactpersons from a Directory list in an embedded data?

If your list is statics I think you can just write that 25 email into the “To:” field, seperated by comma.

Also, I tried the “Big Email Embedded Data” field and it worked just fine.

Hi @dxconnamnguyen! Actually I managed to automatically generate this mailinglist with a Workflow. I used the API List Contacts In Mailing List: api.qualtrics.com/af95194dd116e-list-contacts-in-mailing-list. Because the Email task requires a list separated by comma, I added a Code task with this script:

function codeTask() {

let apiResult = ~{ch://***/$.result}
let emails = ];

for(let i = 0; i < apiResult.elements.length; i++) {
emails.push(apiResult.elementssi].email);
}

return {
result: emails
}
}

@JohannesCE Brilliant.

Leave a Reply