Sending a mail to finished and not finished respondents after closing survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! I'd like to send a thank you mail to respondents in a Directory List that finished a survey after the data collection has been paused. I'd like to send a different mail to respondents in the same Directory List that did not participate or complete the survey.

Since the thank you mail does not work with an inactive survey, I thoug I'd do it with a workflow. Perhaps with a time trigger (that I then trigger manually) and a WebService task tha gets the List ID from the Directory.

Is this the way to go? Or is there an easier method? Is there a way to shedule a thank you mail after closing a survey?

This should help link

Hi @Umang Upadhyay, thank you for the reply, but I'm sorry to say it doesn't help. The Thank You email functionality only works for running surveys. The survey is closed. The problem is that even if I can activate it again, this would allow respondents who haven't started to fill the survey past end date. And even if I can schedule the Thank You mail before closing it, I cannot sent the mail after closing it in one go.

Hello Johannes, I have a workaround that does not involve API & workflow at all.

1. Go to survey flow and add an end of survey element at the very top with a customised message which can be same as the default one.
  2. Make sure to check this option as well.

3. Now, you can use the OOTB available settings for thank you as well as reminder emails.

4. For reminder emails, you will have to hide the survey link in source.

hope this helps.

Hi @JohannesCE , Did you try Survey definition event under survey workflow option. you can try this. 

Hi @JohannesCE , Did you try Survey definition event under survey workflow option. you can try this. 

Hi @ArunDubey, I tried this, but this way it's hard to get the List contacts in the Email Task and filteren on Finished.

Hello Johannes, I have a workaround that does not involve API & workflow at all.

1. Go to survey flow and add an end of survey element at the very top with a customised message which can be same as the default one.
  2. Make sure to check this option as well.

3. Now, you can use the OOTB available settings for thank you as well as reminder emails.

4. For reminder emails, you will have to hide the survey link in source.

hope this helps.

Nice solution. It's not perfect, but it'll do. Thanks!

Leave a Reply