Sending a test email from the Library | XM Community
Solved

Sending a test email from the Library

• 15 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Is there a way to send a test email from the Library?

icon

Best answer by Jagdish 15 June 2023, 21:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Hello @ChristineT!

The Library is a repository of the messages you have but can’t be used to send tests. The tests can be sent from the directory (screenshot 1) or from the survey itself (screenshot 2)

1. Directory
  1. survey: 

Here the support article: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/distributions-tab-iq-directory/send-emails-in-iq-directory/

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for the quick reply, @Ricmarug . I’m aware of the Distribution and Survey avenues - was just hoping that it was also possible via the Library option so that I don’t have to click into the other two avenues when I’m already making changes via the Library 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @ChristineT,

Are you looking to use library message for your distribution scheduled, so that you dont have to make any changes to the distribution in actual survey or XM Directory?

Please refer the below link on how to use library message in your email distribution.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/emails-overview/

If you are looking for direct distribution through library, then there is no direct distribution option through library.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

JB

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Jagdish , I’m looking to be able to send out a test messages to check formatting/ layout on different operating systems - not really for survey distribution at this point. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Gotcha! Then handling it in the survey distribution tab is the only option. Moreover you can make necessary changes and before sending out invite you can save the message. This will update your library message. 

Thanks,

JB

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Jagdish , I know 😔 I wished there was a way to send out test messages from the Library though - it’s more efficient IMO if making multiple changes across different survey invites to test for formatting/ layout.

Leave a Reply