Set additional rules for contact frequency | XM Community
Solved

Set additional rules for contact frequency

• 6 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Use case: We want to send a relational NPS Survey to our clients. The external data reference -and the consolidation rule- is based on a unique code for each client. We have a lot of cases where the same person (eg: the owner) has multiple business; therefore, each business has a unique identifier (ergo, they are different contacts), but they all have the same email. NPS relational survey will be triggered based on the anniversary date, but each business may have a different date.
Issue: Contact frequency rule is set by contact (i.e. unique identifier), but we don't want to send the same survey to the same persona multiple times just because the same email address is associated to several distinct contacts.
Is there a way to set up an additional rule such that we don't send the same survey to the same email address, even if the contact is different?

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 6 August 2021, 20:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

GabyS Another option could be to send the survey (e.g., as an anonymous link) to each client and ask that if they operate multiple businesses, to provide a separate response for each. I see this tactic employed, for example, by school systems for families to provide a response for each child in the system. I hope that's helpful!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks AdamK12! Can you please expand on how this survey works? How do you collect client feedback regarding the multiple businesses?
Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Hi GabyS - when I have seen this done, it is sent out as an anonymous link with a request to the respondent to submit the survey once for each business. You have to set up the survey options so that it will not prevent "ballot box stuffing", but you can add a unique identifier for each business name.
For example, as a respondent, if I own 1) a wine bar and 2) a brewpub, I will first follow the link to answer on behalf of the wine bar, then close out the survey and follow the link again to respond on behalf of the brewpub.
I hope that helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks AdamK12!

Leave a Reply