Sharing results with externals | XM Community
Solved

Sharing results with externals

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Is this correct?

As far as I can tell, the results of a survey can be shared with externals in the following ways:

1.    Flat data
2.    Dashboard (live, responsive).
3.    Dashboard export (static).
4.    Results page (static)
5.    Report (static)
6.    Report (live, static).

Live: the numbers change with each new complete
Responsive / static: the user can/cannot sort and so on

I was especially wondering if there is also a way to share the Results page with a link to people outside one's organization.

icon

Best answer by tannerfaragher 17 May 2023, 18:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello there! You are correct with the different ways you can share data. If you are simply wanting raw data, you can also look into the Response Export Automation feature from Data & Analysis to get the batched data on a daily/weekly basis to an SFTP. 

For sharing a dynamic version of your results with stakeholders outside of Qualtrics, the only way to do that currently is through Reports, located in Data & Analysis). You can create widgets in that part of the platform, and then create a sharable link (and include a password if desired). Current functionality of both Results and the Dashboard do not allow for a public link. The only exceptions I have seen are for Government or Education, and even then, it is a specific feature that needs to be on your license.

Although not dynamic, a workaround I have seen many people use is the ability to set up a Recurring Email to outside stakeholders on a weekly/monthly basis of the Dashboard/Results in PDF/.csv/etc. format. 

I hope this is helpful!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thank you @tannerfaragher, that was helpful. Since this is crucial to my company, I want to make sure I understand correctly. Is this table correct?

Also, perhaps you know a solution to the following dilemma. My company needs to share a report with 150 locations, but they need to be able to apply some filters to the data. So the Report public link is not enough. The Results link could be, but for us it would mean regularly paying 75.000 € just for that filter! 

How flexible is Qualtrics in negotiating alternative solutions?

Sharing for exermal use 

Dynamic (updates)

Responsive (filters, sort)

License needed

Passwoord possible

Automatic sharing 

Dashboard link

V

V

Yes

V

V