Show question if another question has been answered, irrespective of the answer | XM Community
Solved

Show question if another question has been answered, irrespective of the answer

Badge

I want to show a question if another, optional, question has been answered. It doesn't matter what answer they gave to that other question.
At the moment I can only see how to show a question if a particular answer to the other question was given. In theory I could enter a condition into the display logic for every possible answer. However, in my case the other question is a matrix table so that's an awful lot of conditions.
Is there a way to do this? If not, please can we move this post into the Product Ideas section?
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by CarolK 17 May 2022, 17:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

If it's a matrix question that you are using as the basis of the display logic, then use the (recode) items so that you don't have to select every option.
So, say you have five scale points (recode values 1 2 3 4 5) and three statements in your matrix, you could use (statement1 recode greater than zero or statement2 recode greater than zero or statement3 recode greater than 0 (this is also how you might do it if your only requirement is, for example, that they answered Statement2 - you would use statement 2 recode greater than 0
Note that if all you need is that they answered ANY of the matrix (which is unusual, but I suppose possible),and you have more statements than scale points, then you could use the scale point recodes instead. whichever is fewer to set up, basically.

Badge

Ah, that does make it a lot simpler, thank you. 6 conditions is better than 42!

Leave a Reply