Skeptical of Survey Data? Community Poll Open Now ✔️ | XM Community
Sticky Poll

Skeptical of Survey Data? Community Poll Open Now ✔️

• 18 April 2024
  • 4 replies
Skeptical of Survey Data? Community Poll Open Now ✔️
Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Are you or your stakeholders skeptical of survey data?

Many are becoming increasingly skeptical of survey data, in terms of relevance, inherent bias, and retrospective views. How can a broader cross-section of distribution methods can improve this sampling? 

Do you have any examples of how broadening your sampling methods across multiple channels improved data quality and reduced bias? Has anyone done this analysis across your own internal or external customer base? 

Tell us in the comments how one can improve the integrity of survey results 🤔

How can a broader cross-section of distribution methods improve survey results?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Follow up question: How are we thinking about using Gen AI to overcome known survey bias / plugging sample gaps?

Curious if experts like @AdamK12, @bstrahin, @JessicaGregory_CHNw, @ArunDubey or @Deepak have thoughts to share on this poll or follow up question? 🧑‍💻

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

There is a lot of known survey bias, and I would love to see AI being used to overcome this. One question that I have is how we can train AI to look for and recognize bias, which is an inherently human condition. That being said, addressing those survey gaps is going to become increasingly important over the years! 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/glenngow/2022/07/17/how-to-use-ai-to-eliminate-bias/?sh=4199523e1f1f

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

To eliminate bias, you must first make sure that the data you're using to train the algorithm is itself free of bias or that the algorithm can recognize bias in that data and bring the bias to a human's attention (source: SAP). 

I don’t personally have any examples of this from my work, but I am quite keen to see how Qualtrics uses AI in the future around this topic.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I personally think avoiding bias can be achieved by making sure your distribution channels are themselves not unintentionally inviting bias. This may be what is being hinted at in the original question. But making sure that you are segmenting your audience personas properly and leveraging channels to reach those segments is key. 

This is something AI might be able to suggest or prompt survey designers on currently! Maybe there is a product idea in there for Qualtrics (building these AI prompts into the product). Just my two cents!

Leave a Reply