Supplementary questions for each selected option on the same page | XM Community
Solved

Supplementary questions for each selected option on the same page

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone, I did some searching on here and could not find a case that resembled what i am trying to build. 

I am building a survey and need to ask supplementary questions to the options choses in the question. Here is how it will look like:  

Q1. multiple choice

1. Option 1
    • Qa. 
      • Multiple choice
    • Qb. 
      • Open text
    • Qc.
      • Multiple choice
  2. Option 2 
    • Qa. 
      • Multiple choice
    • Qb. 
      • Open text
    • Qc.
      • Multiple choice
  3. Option 3 etc. ect. there will be about 4 more options

Does anyone have any suggestions on what functions to use to build this out as ideally I would like this to show up on the same page and not brunch out separately to avoid confusion and the supplementary questions to pop up only if the option is selected. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 23 April 2024, 06:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @sva,

To create a survey where supplementary questions appear based on the selected option, you can use the ‘Display Logic’ feature in Qualtrics. Here's how you can set it up:

1. Create a multiple-choice question for Q1 with your options (Option 1, Option 2, etc.).
  2. Create the supplementary questions (Qa, Qb, Qc) for each option. These questions should be separate from Q1.
  3. For each supplementary question, click on the question and select ‘Display Logic’.
  4. Set the condition that must be met for the question to display. For example, for the supplementary questions for Option 1, you would set the condition to be ‘Q1 is Option 1’.
  5. Repeat steps 3-4 for each set of supplementary questions, adjusting the condition to match the corresponding option.
  6. Make sure to check the ‘In Page’ checkbox when setting up the display logic if you want the supplementary questions to appear immediately on the same page when the condition is met.

This will create a survey where the supplementary questions for each option only appear if that option is selected in Q1.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Hello @sva,

To create a survey where supplementary questions appear based on the selected option, you can use the ‘Display Logic’ feature in Qualtrics. Here's how you can set it up:

1. Create a multiple-choice question for Q1 with your options (Option 1, Option 2, etc.).
  2. Create the supplementary questions (Qa, Qb, Qc) for each option. These questions should be separate from Q1.
  3. For each supplementary question, click on the question and select ‘Display Logic’.
  4. Set the condition that must be met for the question to display. For example, for the supplementary questions for Option 1, you would set the condition to be ‘Q1 is Option 1’.
  5. Repeat steps 3-4 for each set of supplementary questions, adjusting the condition to match the corresponding option.
  6. Make sure to check the ‘In Page’ checkbox when setting up the display logic if you want the supplementary questions to appear immediately on the same page when the condition is met.

This will create a survey where the supplementary questions for each option only appear if that option is selected in Q1.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you so much Sachin, so far that’s the best solution for me, I will slightly change the design on the questions to make this look a bit better but this is super helpful I really appreciate your help! 

Leave a Reply