Survey flow and display logic | XM Community
Solved

Survey flow and display logic

Hi, so my survey flow is - survey goes to employee, employee fills out and submits, submitted response goes to Supervisor to make any edits, and when Supervisor makes any changes to the employee's response then the survey should go back again to Employee but only the changes that the Supervisor made should be visible. 
How do I do that? I've the flow until Supervisor making any changes but not sure how to send only the changed portions to Employee again? Help pls. Thanks.
I was thinking -- is there any way like when Supervisor completes the edit, add a flag to the URL and pass it to the Employee and then manipulate the flag in the url, when the employee views the survey to show only the edits... just thinking out loud..

icon

Best answer by Mishraji 8 June 2021, 11:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Username_taken - The issue with not displaying certain questions during the survey retake is that questions that are not displayed are cleared of previous selections, i.e., it is marked as not answered. So when the employee retakes the survey, the hidden questions will be marked as not answered.
You can still use javascript to hide a question (The question is still on the page, all we do is make the entire page opaque. ) However, this again will hide all questions on the entire page and hence will impact other questions on that page as well.

Thank you Mishraji. Okay trying out a different way and have a question.
I've a "Matrix Table" question (with 20 statements & 6 scale points) and a Y/N question below the Matrix question.
If they choose 'N' (in the 2nd question) then they SHOULD have changed/entered any new values in the Matrix question above (1st question). If they select 'N' without changing/entering any new values in the Matrix then the next button should be disabled until they make changes to the Matrix. If they choose 'Y' they can proceed without any changes to the Matrix question above.
Is there a validation that I can use or can you help with the JavaScript code? Thanks much.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Username_taken - Instead of controlling the Next button, you can add custom validation to restrict users from moving to the next page unless the condition is satisfied.
This can be also done using javascript but will require a lot of coding as we have 20 questions.

Leave a Reply