Survey questions tailored to each participant? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am conducting a survey experiment where I need to customize a few survey questions for each participant (based on their user ID data that I already have). What is the best way to do this at scale (e.g. for 500 participants)?

I’m thinking of creating a new survey for each participant via Qualtrics API. 

The simplest option would be to use XM directory.  Create a contact list and upload the customizations as a CSV.

Add the customized embedded data to your survey flow to access them in the survey.

You can then either generate individual links or email them directly or add an authenticator to pull their data from the directory.

Just note that if are pulling data from the XM directory, you won’t be able to access this data in the preview.

Another way would be to use query string parameters.

The simplest option would be to use XM directory.  Create a contact list and upload the customizations as a CSV.

Add the customized embedded data to your survey flow to access them in the survey.

You can then either generate individual links or email them directly or add an authenticator to pull their data from the directory.

Just note that if are pulling data from the XM directory, you won’t be able to access this data in the preview.

Another way would be to use query string parameters.

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Will definitely try the XM directory first. 

Leave a Reply