Survey with multiple table questions - split export into different tables / spreadsheets | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am exporting data from a survey with several tables in, so each table has multiple columns and multiple rows.

I would like to get this into a format there is a table in a spreadsheet for each table in the survey with a row for each row in a table question, so multiple rows per survey response.
As there are several table based questions in the end there will be multiple tables, in different tabs in the spreadsheet most likely.

When exporting the data from Qualtrics there is one row per overall survey response and these table questions are presented as many columns. It is tricky to transform the data as I described above as the columns in the export are arranged so that all the rows for column 1 in table come together, the all the rows for column 2, the column three and so on.

So, I would like the data which currently exports like this:
table1.png
To look more like this:
Table1b.png
In my survey there are several table questions so would need to output several a separate tab / spreadsheet for each question.
Does anyone know if Qualtrics provides a way to export data like this or a way to easily convert it once it has been exported?
Trying to avoid lots of manual copy and pasting and therefore potential errors.

Peter123
Unfortunately, it isn't possible within Qualtrics. But you can automate this if you know to write python for the same.
Create Excel XLSX XLS in Python | Best Python Excel API | Aspose
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply