Survey won't branch correctly | XM Community
Question

Survey won't branch correctly

• 26 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Can somebody help explain why my survey won’t branch correctly?  If they select GVSU Alumni, it should branch to the Alumni survey block.  If they select current student, it should branch to the student survey.  The student branching works perfectly, but the alumni branch doesn’t bring them to the Alumni block, it brings them to the Visitor Block.  What am I doing wrong?  I’ve tried reording them, but nothing works.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I know it’s a pain and I once had a similar issue and ended up calling into support. There was “nothing wrong” but we essentially just had to delete and rebuild it. I’m also assuming you have verified that your blocks weren’t mistakenly named incorrectly/contain the questions that should be in the other block.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Have you also checked on the survey builder that you didn’t accidently hide that block?  I’ve been using Qualtrics for a while now and don’t even know how I managed to hide a block, but was in a similar position that everything looked set up correctly, except for an icon on the block that I had missed and had accidentally enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @Professor5800, this sounds like it may not be intended functionality. If you haven't already, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to handle an issue like this 😁

Leave a Reply