Translation Certificate | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a research compliance person that seems to have gone off the rails.  I am doing a survey, as a faculty member, t assist our local city with data on the public’s general understanding and knowledge of stormwater, the hazards that come with it, and the consequences of discharging stormwater into local bays and streams.  The city is required to do this every 5years, when they renew their stormwater discharge permit. This is my third iteration of  this project, the first one being in 2013, the second in 2018. No issues at all with the previous surveys. They were considered exempt research and all went fine.  This time the compliance office is still saying that it is exempt research but because we are using the function in Qualtrics that will translate the English into Spanish she want a translation certification form submitted, even though this is an exempt project.  Before I go an make an enemy of the compliance officer at TAMUCC, (hey, I am a tenured full professor, it is my right) does Qualtrics have some type of certification for its translation function?  Your help is greatly appreciated. 

@DanJorg

Not sure, if you’re using Qualtrics auto-Translations as they are google based. You can also read the popup which arrives based on it “The Qualtrics Auto-Translate feature is completed by Google Translate. The text of your survey questions is sent to Google Translate and will be returned in the language you select. Please be aware that your question text may remain on Google servers. The Qualtrics Auto-Translate feature sends only the questions you’ve selected. Respondent data is not sent and remains secure at Qualtrics.” 

Hence, you can reach out to your Account executive for the certificate if needed for google based. 

Hope it helps!

Thanks.  let me try that.  

Leave a Reply