Update a drill down choice in a survey question without loosing historical data | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi Experts,

I have a question where people enter the organization information through multiple drill down menu such as Division, Country, Region, Location… The choices change according to a display logic. Our dashboard is currently configured and mapped to filter all the sites, divisions…There’s around 53 sites and 4 divisions.

We need to update all the drill down choices contents (site name changes, new sites and new divisions) but I am afraid to loose all the filtering in our dashboard and the historical datas.

Is there any possibility to recode the values for a drill down choices ? 

Is there any way that I could minimize the lost of datas ?

Not possible !

Short term solution, the only way I could find was to re upload a new csv file with the new drill down list. The recode was not appropriate here as there were multiple conditions between new sites, new divisions. Some sites are under new divisions and some stayed in the new name division. The recode function would only re attribute old divisions names with the new divisions but the new divisions sites would not be correct.

Luckily, we only have around 300 surveys recorded. I went to data&analysis and changed manually the divisions according for each sites. Took about 2hrs and published the change. 

Long term solution not found as when we will have 1000+ surveys recorded and new divisions or new organization attribution. It will be a problem.

Leave a Reply