Using a Qualtrics Survey Project to store training information | XM Community
Skip to main content

I would like some input on a survey project that we are working with right now.
I created a survey that allows adjuncts to record professional development training. The process works as follows:
The survey contains multiple training categories/blocks (identified in a TOC). Respondents can navigate to any category via the TOC.
The respondent can enter all training at one sitting if preferred.
At the end of the survey, respondents can select whether the form is ready to be processed. If it is, then our department is notified that a form as been submitted for processing.
If they have not finished adding training, then they can select no, they're not ready to submit. I have the save and continue option set and once they submit the form, an email trigger sends them a retake link with instructions to use for their next update, with instructions to use the most recent link every time they update their training.
As they progress through the semester, using the link in the most recent notification email, the Qualtrics form more or less operates as a place to track and store training they've attended. When they are ready to submit their final form, they will then indicate the form is ready to submit for processing. Our department gets a notification and they get a confirmation email (which also includes a retake link under the guise of a Revise option).
---------------
I realize this is a very awkward method for providing storage of data, but we were looking for a way to automate this process and move it from a paper form (submitted in person) to an electronic submission.
I'm still thinking that there is a better way to use Qualtrics to manage an ongoing record of training data. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or recommendations for utilizing Qualtrics in a more efficient way? If you feel this is a good way to use Qualtrics, do you have comments on potential issues?

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply