Using display logic and piped text | XM Community
Solved

Using display logic and piped text

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am exposing participants to one of the 3 conditions randomly. Each condition uses a different name for the person involved in the condition (e.g., John, Jim, or Jeff). 

Later on, I am asking specific questions regarding the behaviour of John, Jim, or Jeff depending on the condition the participant was exposed to. 

Currently, I am creating 3 different blocks. However, was wondering if there is a way to show the name John, Jim, or Jeff (depending on the condition exposed earlier) in each question using some combination of piped text and display logic?

Much appreciate expert help! 

icon

Best answer by rgupta15 3 October 2023, 01:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi @ps2008,

In your random block, you can setup an embedded data containing the name selected.

You will then be able to pipe the name in the subsequent questions even if they are not in the block.

I recommend keeping the logic in the survey flow if you need to manage display of full blocks of questions but to use display logic if you want a fine grained management of specific questions.

Badge +1

Hi @ps2008,

In your random block, you can setup an embedded data containing the name selected.

You will then be able to pipe the name in the subsequent questions even if they are not in the block.

I recommend keeping the logic in the survey flow if you need to manage display of full blocks of questions but to use display logic if you want a fine grained management of specific questions.

Is there a tutorial for this that you know of? Would really appreciate your help. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

If the conditions differ then you can’t use pipe in logic to set your questions. However if the conditions are same for all the 3 scenarios and only the text is updated then you can create an embedded in survey flow and set it to the 3 values as above.

It’s easy you can use this link for the same (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/piped-text-overview/)

Badge +1

Thank you @rgupta15. Really helpful! 

Leave a Reply