Using Qualtrics in China | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Using Qualtrics in China

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I will be starting a study focusing on participants in Mainland China and I’ve heard from my professor that Qualtrics seems to be unstable in China and is unreliable as a data collection method. I would like to ask for some insight from past and present users of Qualtrics in China. How is your experience using Qualtrics as a platform in China? Were there any problems and how did you get around them? Many thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @gatolee. For one of my clients we are running some surveys for China and have collected nearly 100k responses since mid of 2022. We did not get any complaints in regards to survey accessibility. As we distribute the personalized survey links from an external marketing system, I can not tell you anything about the distribution. Our API requests work with the fra1 data center. 

I found some post which tells a little bit about deliverability and latency. However, it is already 6 years old and therefore maybe not reliable anymore: 

I would suggest you to reach out to your success manager and account executive to get their side.

Best
Christian

Badge +1

HI @gatolee, you need to remove from the survey anything related to Google if you use it in the survey or in the email invite, like images or youtube videos. Other than that, survey are accessible in China.

Leave a Reply