Web service boolean from embedded field | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,
I am trying to set the value of a boolean property on a web service call from an embedded field, however when I choose 'boolean' from the type drop down list, I do not get the option to have this field populated from an existing embedded field.
The options available are (see screenshot):

1. #EditSection.ChooseOneEllipse

2. True

3. False

How do I change this to ensure that the type sent to the web service is a boolean, and populated from the embedded data field?
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 3.04.34 pm.png

You can't. It'll be sent as a string. If the string is one of true or false, it'll be parsed as boolean.

Surely that's up to the webservice receiving the request to decide? What if the webservice requires a boolean (true, not "true") and can't parse the request to a boolean? How would I set the value of the boolean to be a true boolean value?

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was, if you set the field as boolean, while sending the request, Qualtrics will parse it and send either a true or false based on your string contents.

Ah ok. Thank you. So if I just leave it as string when setting up the web service it will be sent as a boolean?

Leave a Reply